The editors of the Seller Beware Blog want to let our readers know about our firm’s upcoming webinar for in-house counsel on “Managing Product Safety Issues in the Age of Social Media”.
Rapidly evolving modes of communication present manufacturers and retailers with added challenges in identifying potential product quality and safety issues, and ensuring appropriate responses to and consistent messaging across all means of communication — from call centers, to traditional media, to social media and government-sponsored websites. Drawing on substantial experience from both the outside and in-house counsel perspectives, our presenters will share strategies for establishing systems and avoiding both legal and public relations pitfalls.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Establishing early warning systems to monitor safety and product issues
- Maintaining privilege for drafts of communications
- Evaluating procedures and processes to consistently respond to media and customer inquiries
- Meeting regulatory obligations that can be triggered by customer complaints
- Responding to government investigations and regulatory involvement
Speakers for the event include:
- Amy Kovalan, Senior Director of US Safety, McDonald’s Corporation
- Larry Culleen, Partner, Arnold & Porter - Former EPA official focusing on chemical regulations
- Trent Norris, Partner, Arnold & Porter - Focusing on consumer protection and product safety litigation
- Eric Rubel, Partner, Arnold & Porter - Former General Counsel of the CPSC focusing on product safety matters
This webinar is for in-house counsel only and will take place on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 (9 – 10:30 am PT / Noon – 1:30 pm ET).
CLE Credit is pending. For more information and to RSVP, click here.